Sunday, June 26, 2005

Mr. India

Where’s your accent?
This is not supposed to be the way you look
You don’t seem Indian
Nothing like the one in my book
Your women are educated
Your clubs are a blast
Your music kicks ass
Your films are just as crass
You fuck with our minds
You want our jobs
Just try not to fuck with our women
They prefer white knobs

You do not ride an elephant
You speak English
You do not look like a trinket seller
Where is the rope?
Where is the turban?
Where is the snake?
What happened to the monkey?
Where’s my stereotype?
Hey Indian, you gotta live up to the hype

Mr. India Mr. India
Where are you my Mr. Exotic India?
I smell no attar
I see no chai tea
When are you going to light up a bidi?

Mr. India Mr. India
Where are you my Mr. Exotic India?
Please say Namaste
Is your name Gandhi?
Why does your name not mean curry?